Recently, the ever-friendly Ross from manvsadulthood.com tagged me to complete the 10 unusual things about me tag – so here we go! Let’s launch right in…
- I have had plastic surgery, but you’d never know it from looking at me. It was emergency plastic surgery when I was ten, because I flew spectacularly off my bike on my mother’s birthday, and landed chin first at the bottom of a hill (sort of blacked out for a moment). Let’s just say: visible jaw bone, lots of blood, hospital transfer, surgery.
- My stomach may or may not be in the wrong place. I’ve always struggled with acid reflux, and this could be the reason. There’s no point finding out whether it is or not as long as I can manage the condition through my diet and lifestyle! I’d definitely rather put off the camera-down-your-throat thing for as long as possible.
- My name and birthday basically define my personality. I say this because I have a very literature-infused name, and was purposely named after 2 Jane Austen characters (my surname was a coincidental 3rd Jane Austen character drop). Then I managed to arrive in the world on the anniversary of the end of WW1, and now I’m at university studying English literature & history – two subjects I very much enjoy.
- I hate my birthday. Yes, I am one of those. My birthday, in my opinion, is rubbish. It’s mostly to do with the time of year, rather than the actual fact of getting older – mid-November is a miserable time, it rains every single year (I dislike rainy weather), I spent my 16th birthday in silence all day because I had mock exams that week, I have never been able to go on holiday over my birthday… I could go on.
- I would like to believe in ghosts, but I’m not sure I do. My family has a joke about our friendly house ghost, who seems to have followed my parents from their first flat together to their first house together to the house where I grew up. From hiding a packet mix to dropping a shoe in the hallway to tapping us on the shoulder when we’re the only one in the room, there’s been a fair few inexplicable ghostly moments over the years. We like to joke about it because it’s never anything horrible, so it’s like we have our own version of Casper the Friendly Ghost who just likes to remind us of his presence every now and again. Having said that, I don’t know if I actually believe in ghosts in any other circumstance.
- I’ve never had a pet, but I am friends with a stray cat. At home (i.e., not where I live at university), there’s a very muscly stray black cat. Over the past five or so years she’s become a regular visitor to our house – she didn’t understand the idea of being stroked at first, so she’s always liked to jump and headbutt us instead.
- I get hayfever – but not consistently. I can spend 6 months of the year needing hayfever tablets, or I can spend the entire summer absolutely fine with no symptoms at all. It makes no sense.
- As a baby, I never crawled. I was a bit of a late walker, but I basically went from hardly moving on my own to just getting up one day and walking off. NBD.
- I looked younger age 19 than age 12. I blame a really bad haircut & acne for this.
- I have a minor weird fear of things that are a lot bigger than me. Really tall buildings, whales, that sort of thing… Just makes me a bit uncomfortable really.
Well, thinking of ten was remarkably more difficult than I anticipated it would be – but thanks to Ross for the tag! Here are my tags: Nele, Katie, Dani, Luke, Jess, Ellie, Claire, Sophie, Amy, and Morgan. Enjoy the challenge!