What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? Well…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
I was nominated by Jenna first, so I’ll answer her questions first and Milli’s afterwards!
1) Which blogger would you love to work with and why?
Does a vlogger/blogger count? I’d probably say Tanya Burr. She stands for a lot of the same things I do, I admire her work ethic, and she’s not afraid to dream big.
2) What one thing could you not live without?
There’s a lot of material things I could go for here, but I’m going to go ahead and say I couldn’t live without my creativity. I get bored really easily, so if I didn’t have that, I can’t fathom how dull life would be.
3) Do you have pets? If not would you like to?
I don’t, but I definitely would like a cat… or a tortoise… something that doesn’t need to be taken on walks! I’m too busy/lazy to deal with that.
4) What made you start blogging?
I was extremely stressed in sixth form and decided I was too out of the habit of writing, so thought that if I set up a blog and made myself stick to a schedule (even though that’s gone a bit out of the window recently – but I have reasons, I promise!), I’d get back into it. I really wanted to improve my writing skills, and just become comfortable reading my own writing, and this seemed like a fairly accessible way of working towards that.
5) Has your blog changed over time?
Definitely. Massively. Different layout, different categories, different content. I think the only thing that’s stayed the same is what I write about Travel – but I’ve been so swamped by university that even that’s feeling neglected right now! I recently cleared out my old blog posts to give myself a bit of a fresh start, took away a few categories, and added one called Advocacy. I’ve decided I’m going to write about the things that matter to me about the world, and that’s where it’s going to happen. The first few posts there are already up, if you want to check them out…
6) If you were offered an all expenses paid holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go?
So many places! If I really have to choose just one, I’ll say Italy. I hear it’s expensive. I’m really interested in Roman history, and I’ve never really learned much about it, so I’d probably go to Rome.
7) What is your beauty must-have?
Probably a hair brush. It’s a bad day if I’ve forgotten to pack one of those – especially here in Liverpool, where the wind today as I’m writing this was simply mad. The six foot guys standing next to me at the lights were struggling to hold their ground.
8) Do you have a favourite blog post of yours?
I can’t think of one off the top of my head, so I’m going to say no. I don’t think I could choose.
9) Are there any brands/charities you’d want to work with?
I seriously want to work with the UN at some point in my life, particularly in the Global Goals sort of area. I’ve thought this for years. It’s so international, and I think it would be amazing to work with them.
10) What would be a perfect evening in for you?
A perfect evening in would definitely include good company, chocolate, a cosy film (let’s face it – a Harry Potter), blankets on a comfy sofa, and my laptop or a notebook so I could get some writing done. I realise that may sound like work, but I get restless and writing relaxes me.
11) If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
This is actually a really hard question, because I feel like struggles you’ve had teach you something, and they make you who you are. But I think one thing would be to go to the doctors way earlier about acne, because I had that for a solid nine years and it was definitely a stress I could have done without. It took enough trips to the doctor to get a treatment that worked, but it would have been good if I’d done that about two years earlier!
1) Do you wish you’d started blogging sooner?
Not really. I started around the time I turned eighteen, and moved platforms a couple of months afterwards, so I’ve been here for 2 years. I don’t think it would have been worth starting any earlier – I was writing online for a website for a while in my teens anyway, as well as a few things for my school’s newsletter, so I think adding a blog may have been too much.
2) Do you want to make your blog into a career or is it just a side hobby?
I don’t have specific plans to make my blog my career. I want to write, but I’d really like to be a novelist/screenwriter, so I guess I’d have to say side hobby!
3) Are you single or taken?
Sin-gle. As single as can be.
4) If you could only eat sweet or savoury for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Savoury. As much as it pains me to say it, savoury. Savoury foods are just more filling, y’know?
5) What is your Myers Briggs type?
INFJ-A, so apparently one of the rarest? I did the test a couple of times, once a couple of years ago and once more recently, and the result didn’t change. I have friends with some of the same letters, but I’ve yet to find another INFJ. Either way, the result probably tells you more than enough about me!
6) What’s your biggest goal for 2018?
*Whispers* Get a book deal. Shhhh!
7) What is your job role and do you enjoy it?
I have a very flexible role as a brand manager on my uni campus, so if brands host events at my uni and need promoters, I can do the promotion. A lot of it so far has been online work, just promoting competitions and things on social media. It’s an alright position, nothing too stressful going on. It’s good I can work it around my studies and other commitments.
8) Did you enjoy school?
Complicated question. Yes and no. I’ve always enjoyed learning, I enjoyed seeing lots of people every day, and all that – but the education system in the UK infuriates me for reasons too long-winded to go into here!
9) What’s the last purchase you splurged on?
Like, really splurged? My camera. I got it last summer, and it’s probably the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought myself! The camera was on a deal on Amazon, and the deal was one of those lightning things that only lasts a certain amount of time, so I basically just went for it. I wouldn’t say I regret buying it – it’s really great quality, and it’s meant I’ve taken many more photos since I got it. I’m really trying to save money now, though.
10) Any exciting trips planned for this year?
No 😦 unfortunately not. Depending on when my one exam for this semester is, I may be going to the Lake District with my parents for a week in a couple of months, but if my exam is later than I hope, I’ll be staying at uni. Dying for a sunny holiday, but that’ll have to wait for now!
11) Favourite genre of music?
I wouldn’t say I have a favourite genre. According to Spotify, I listen to pop the most – but I don’t pay attention to genres. I like a lot of different things – pop, indie, country, whatever… A bit of Evanescence. All that.
So there we have it! My 22 questions from 2 nominations. Now it’s my turn…
My eleven nominees:
1) Tarnya (@sweet_allure)
2) Highlands2hammocks (@highlands2hamm)
3) Dani (@daniwanderlust)
4) Jess (@FairytalesJessx)
5) Hels (@thehelsproject)
6) Elizabeth Walton (@Life_WithLizzie)
7) Farrah Aslam (@farrahaslamblog)
8) Emmax (@lifeofemmax)
9) Esther Wyse (@EstherRuthWyse)
10) Grace K. (@blogherosix)
11) Honey (@Honey_KJ)
My eleven questions:
1) What are three things you really want to do in your lifetime?
2) If you could help solve one world problem, which would it be?
3) What song’s been in your head recently?
4) Name one public figure, outside of the blogging industry, who inspires you and why.
5) Are you an earphones person or a headphones person?
6) Do you write anything outside of your blog?
7) Have you gone to/are you at/will you go to university?
8) What do you see yourself doing in two years’ time?
9) Are you a ‘foodie’?
10) Are you interested in world affairs?
11) What’s one thing you wished people knew about you?
I look forward to reading the responses!